Elevate is a support/self-help group connecting with people with ME or CFS, their carers, and family, through monthly meetings, social events, home visits etc. Around 20 people attend meeting on a regular basis and many others find support and friendship through the internet. Read more about Elevate
Being real without forgetting the positive.
We aren't denying the hard realities of living with the illness and Elevate creates the environment where people can talk about these. However it can be easy to forget, or not be aware of, the positives which can be empowering:
- Many people with ME or CFS improve in time especially
- if they manage the illness well.
- Deeper friendships are often formed through mutual support.
- Creative talents are be discovered or developed.
- It can increase depth of character.
- It can improves time management and pacing skills which are useful for all of live.
- Teaches people to make the most of what they have.
- People with ME/CFS can be an inspiration to healthy people. They are often very courageous and learn great perseverace and determination.